More bike rides. Ben escorted the cub scouts in our ward along the Santa Ana River trail.
I bought a bike to make short trips to the bank and store near our home, and to ride with the kids. Evelyn has loved riding with me, as she can keep up.
The kids were very excited about the prospect of me having a bike, since everyone else had a bike. I have loved having it and wish I had more opportunities to ride it.
Still art by Jillian. There was also a microscopic picture of our not-awesome carpet, complete with a crumb centered in the shot.
Evelyn and Jill had a music share assembly, as they call it at her school. Ben came for Evelyn's, and I forgot to take the camera with me to Jill's.
February was also the month in which an influenza bug came to our house, resulting in missed days from school for Ev and Jill, but it honestly felt like a little vacation to me. It was nice.
I took very few pictures in February, so we luckily had Grandpa and Grandma Gibbons visit, and they always take lots of pictures for me.
One of the things we did was eat at Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles, a legend in Ben's California history. It was packed with people, and we waited quite a while for our food. It was good food though.
I also booked a Newport Harbor pontoon cruise one afternoon.
Grandpa and Ben took turns putting around the harbor at no-wake speed. We saw lots of seabirds and even a few sea lions.
The pontoon was big enough the kids could run around on it.
Ben told the kids to "Be yourselves!" in this picture, and this is what came out. Classic.




No comments:
Post a Comment