We attended a ward camp out the first weekend in May. We shared our campsite with our friends, the Whites.
"Jilly"
Later we hiked the dry riverbed in the area, saw some horses, and played with the river rock. A two year old friend of ours thought Evelyn was a good way to get around.
Some friends who moved out of the area a couple years ago came back to visit for an afternoon and the kids had fun playing together again.
On Mother's Day, we got out this sailor suit that Ben's mom had given us. Ben and wore it when he was about the same age. I've received many compliments on the suit and Gordon loves it. It's too bad that it's already getting too short.
We shared a Sunday afternoon meal with some friends from the ward. The kids always have fun together.
We had movie night with them a few weeks later, and the kids opted to watch "Neverending Story."
Another friend gave us a tag-along bike, and now Gordon can keep right up when we all go riding together. Ben and I have taken him on some excursions since the girls have returned to school.
These three are great buddies; they fight, but they get along really well too.
Another beach day where they were all feeling brave enough to enter the surf a few inches.
On May 1st, we attended a Killer's concert with the Whites. Great concert!
Jilly was a "dancing flower" in her kindergarten play, "The Garden." It's the same play every year, but the kids absolutely love it. The flowers dance, the weeds rap, and then there is the gardener and animal pests. It's very cute.
One of the moms in our pre-school group organized a tour of the nearby firehouse for the kids, and they very much enjoyed it. Gordon is growing ever less-shy, and bombarded the firemen with lots of questions and requests.
These are two of the three floral containers I attempted this year, and they were quite gorgeous for a while, until the mildew and snails found them. The begonia is making a come-back after dying back for a few months. The calla lilies never really stood a chance. The coleus grew and grew, and as a result became a snail feast. The only thing that kept thriving were the impatiens. I also had a birthday (turned 31), and I honestly can't remember what I did for it. I also started training for my part-time job that kept me super-busy through the summer.











1 comment:
I'm confused about who came to visit. This was back in May?
I love the shot of your kids holding hands at the beach. Did you pose them? If Julia didn't hate the water I would make mine do that.
Post a Comment