Sunday, April 26, 2015

A letter to Ryan in Australia

This is what I typed to my brother this week, who's currently serving a mission in Australia.

Ben's getting ready for his big bike ride this weekend, the Breathless Agony. 

I will not be working and that will be nice. This last week I started cycling with shoes that clip into the pedals and I did not completely fall over! Winning! I almost fell over only three times, each time at a major intersection. I'm just keeping all the drivers on their toes. 

Evelyn is getting ready for a poetry recital in her class and a book presentation. Her strings group at school started playing orchestral pieces this week, meaning each strings section plays a different part, instead of the entire group playing the same song. She loved it.  

Jill has decided she doesn't like being around lots of people and that makes school kind of interesting. I found out this week she spelled words incorrectly on purpose to avoid being placed in a spelling bee. Lol. She wants to avoid attention as much as possible. Evelyn is the complete opposite in that respect. 

Gordon is being Gordon. He is counting down the days until he is out of school and asks most every day, "Is it a school day tomorrow?" Too bad he doesn't realize he has 20 years of school ahead of him. He would just watch Lego's Ninjago or Chima and ride his bike the rest of his childhood if I let him. 

It rained here yesterday, well, more like rain showered, but it was actually windy and that was interesting. See how boring California weather is? It was much cooler this last week, and it reminded me very much of spring in the Pacific Northwest. 


No comments: