This year I felt justified in going all out for Easter, since I felt the girls would actually have fun with it. And they did. The only thing I would have changed was doing the festivities on Saturday instead of Sunday, that way we would have more time to focus on enjoying our little morning family celebration. And we could reserve Sunday for focusing on the real meaning of Easter, the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

We got the girls up early and we told them the Easter Bunny came, and led them out to the front room. They were both trying to figure out what was going on.
We got the girls up early and we told them the Easter Bunny came, and led them out to the front room. They were both trying to figure out what was going on.
Jilly was very excited once I showed her what was inside the eggs of her easter basket. She does the best surprised face.
Evelyn just wanted to dig into the candy. I think she ate 1/3 of her candy in about 20 minutes.
Here they are pleasantly reading their new books. Jilly was excited about hers because it has a picture of a cat. She loves cats. Unfortunately, we will never own one because Ben is allergic. Evelyn's book was about shapes, and she wasn't so excited about it. I think she thought is was too educational. :)
We had an easter egg hunt after church outside our apartment building. It was a lot more fun that last year, when we hid them inside the house and Evelyn still had no clue what to do with easter eggs.
Sorry the pictures are placed all weird. I forgot to center them when I was adding them. The only easter tradition we did not accomplish was egg dyeing. I thought I would save that potential disaster activity until next year. Yesterday I bought an egg dyeing kit at Wal-Mart on clearance to put away so I would remember next Easter. It's a lot of fun to see my girls finally getting into the spirit of holiday celebrations.
3 comments:
cute pics. I'm glad they had a fun easter. We dyed eggs Saturday night. It is overrated I think. I don't know if I will do it again until they are older (like 15). HA.
Sorry your blog got all messed up. I have heard about that happening to a lot of people. I'll email you a couple of links for free scrapbooking/blogger pages. If anyone else wants them, let me know.
Looks like fun. I remember you guys did that last year after we had you over for dinner. That was fun. Wish we lived closer.
What Fun you are having! Did you get Evelyn an Easter Bonnet or is that one of her hats she already had that she is wearing?
Little Jilly may have had a slower start than her sister yet it looks like she might pick things up faster than Evelyn did. Might be the second child status, who knows.
That thought reminds me of Dan & Ben when Ben figured out Santa first. It's a great story :)
Post a Comment