Saturday, April 26, 2008

Finally

We found a website that was actually helpful as far as changing the blog template. I even goofed off with the html and got rid of the Pyzam bar (though two little arrows remain). The background picture is a photo I took at Mt. Ranier National Park when Shaunie and I were on our way back from Seattle. We'll change it from time to time.

Only one more paper to go (due monday) and then I just need to grade my classes final exams and enter grades. It's been a wild semester. After the summer term it should all be down hill, no more all-nighters at the office or here at home haunted by these two ghosts. I'm writing my thesis using a lot of the ideas of the one the right (Jacques Derrida) and my last paper is about the enigmatic writings of the one on the left (Jorge Luís Borges). They are both constantly running around somewhere in my head. I'm excited to get out to the farm for a few weeks and escape what some call the ivory tower of academia. But I'll be working on my reading list so I'm not leaving it all behind.

4 comments:

Chad said...

Dude. Ben, pretty good job man. I really dig the background photo. Very nice shot. Were excited for you to be done for a bit (and for shanie and the girls to see you more). Lets get together when things calm down.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

nice job. Doesn't it make you feel smart when you mess with an html code and it works! I do.

The Mothership said...

I like the new look. Makes me want to fiddle around with mine. Almost. :) Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Cody said...

I wish I could have been listening in on their discussion! It would have been wild and I would have had to ask you what they were talking about after, but it would be awesome!