Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What are we up to?

Well, not a whole lot. I've been pretty lame on the blogging front lately. Especially in the picture category. Part of that is due to my parent's super-awesome camera. You can take great pictures with it, but they're huge. One picture is at least 3 MB. Try uploading one picture that size onto blogger. It takes FOREVER. Actually, it doesn't happen at all. A web-page comes up saying "the server has timed out." Well, isn't that great? So I have to get them off the camera and compress them before I can upload them. And, well, I'm lazy and that's more work than I feel like doing right now. Or for the last few weeks actually. One of these days I will feel super motivated and accomplish the compressing feat. Despite the picture size disadvantage, I really like the camera!

We'll only be here in Washington a few more weeks, time has gone by fast, as it always does here. Today it rained for a lot of the day, and we felt like we lived on the coast. It really has not been as warm here as it usually is, which makes it great for cook-outs, working in the yard, and playing outside. But not great for the farm, which is way behind on the growing season. The yummy cherries I was expecting to get just before we left are going to be hard and tart instead of sweet and juicy.

My birthday was this last Wednesday, and although I got a not-so-fun cold about a day before (and still getting rid of), I managed to make Brownie Trifle, go out to eat, and get some fun stuff for my birthday. I got a new set of dishes from Mom Cluff, and a toolbox for all my beading paraphernalia from my mom. It sure beats storing all my bead stuff in ziploc baggies. Ben gave me the complete works of C.S. Lewis, who I've been reading lately. It made me laugh because he loves books so much, and it's something I never would have thought of for myself.

Jilly is trying to potty-train again, and like last time, it's right before we make another big change of routine, so it probably won't stick. That's okay with me, she's only almost 19 months old. She talks tons, with lots of phrases. She loves Uncle 'A-Wyan' as she calls Ryan. We can't quite figure out why she loves him so much, but she wants to know where he is and when he gets off the bus from school. She also loves being outside and digging in Grandma's plants, whether they be outdoors or indoors. She's about 19 pounds now, and when she hits 20, I think we'll throw her a party. She's also started throwing big temper tantrums, and showing attitude. I don't know if it's the age, or teething, or the fact that she's been sick with one thing or another the last few weeks. Hopefully the sick fairy leaves our house soon.

Evelyn's funny thing these days are the thing she says. There's a tire-swing out back and she asks me to give her an "underwear dog." I know she means underdog, but I'm not sure where the 'wear' came in. She also walked up to me the other day and said, "Where's my Super-suit?" with some exasperation. (That's from The Incredibles, by the way). She walks around singing Disney songs a lot, lost in her own little world. She has really started liking crayons and coloring books recently, but doesn't like sharing with Jilly. I bought a box of 24 twistable crayons for the two of them, but I might need to go buy another box, especially in church. This last Sunday I was sitting on a bench with Jilly and my mom and Evelyn were sitting right behind me. I handed back a scribble pad and crayons, and Evelyn started arguing about which colors she wanted, and Jilly started whining about keeping all the colors to herself. And this is all right before the sacrament, and my goal was just to keep them quiet. They did stop fighting after a little bit, and then it was Jilly singing during the sacrament, "dis is yellow, dis is pink" over and over for every crayon she pulled out of the box. She always sings in church. It's so cute.

Now that this post is an essay on my life recently, I think I'll end it. Hope you were able to get to the bottom of it. :)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Made it to the bottom. Sounds similar to my life in many ways. Two kids brings lots of excitement.

Every time I put pictures on our blog I compress them. Usually after I upload them to the computer then I pick all the ones I might put on and export them all at once to a smaller size. Then I usually upload them one at a time on to wordpress. Anyway, maybe there is a way you can do them all at once. Good luck.

The Mothership said...

I'm hoping the sick fairy leaves soon as well. It's so frustrating to be healthy all winter (at least in our house) and then get illness after illness during the month of May. Isn't it supposed to get better as it gets warmer?

Glad you are having fun and staying busy at Mom and Dad's.

And I'm glad that Taylor is doing better as well.

Lynn Gurney said...

Well happy Birthday again. It made me laugh when I read about your gift. Tell Ben he needs to Call Lynn about the worlds funniest/most ironic story ever. Glad to hear you guys are doing so well.

Di Cluff said...

You can write blogs that go to China and I will read every word! I guess it's the grandma gene in me. I never get tired of hearing what You, Ben and the girls are up to. If you can wait until you come to Idaho I'll spring for another box of crayons.

Lynn Gurney said...

Hey Ben, I have a crazy story to tell you sometime that involves an old friend of ours. It should make you laugh, maybe a lot. We sure did.