Friday, August 1, 2008

About baby-sitters

My sister posted about this on her blog, and I thought it very worthy of repeating. Check this blog out for a four-part series entitled: "things babysitters wish we knew". I babysat a lot as a teenager, and I shared most of these opinions as a babysitter. Most of the parents I watched kids for were awesome, but there were a few that I wished I could have handed this to. So check it out, because most of us parents at some point will be using babysitters.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for sharing. That is a creative idea to have those girls share all that helpful info. I hope I can find great babysitters like that when I need them.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

OH Shaunie you are a lifesavor. This has been on my mind a lot latley. Now I have a reference guide. My family usually watches Brogan (on the rare occasions I'm not with them) the only time I left him with a teenage "sitter" was when my sister-in-law arranged for her bishop's daughter to watch her kids and Brogan while we went back to the hair place to get our hair redone. Needless to say afterwards I came back to find Brogan screeming the sitter ignoring him, and letting my baby nephew play with my nieces tiny hair rubber bands! Then I found out she was 11! and 11 year old with two infants and a 2 year old. Neddless to say my first sitter experience didn't go over well and now I'm nervouse. SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

NaDell said...

What happened to the Twilight blog?

Ashley said...

I was wondering the same thing. I hope you aren't mad at the comments I made. I just wanted to be a part of it and join in. I'm not a crazy fan or anything. I still haven't even seen the new book.

So, we miss you guys. We'll have to have you over. We aren't put together here, but want to see you. When works for you? Just send me an e-mail and we'll plan something.

shaunie said...

Ben wrote that post at 1:30 am, and he thought it might offend someone. He was going to take it down the following morning, but I convinced him to keep it up. But he took it down anyway. I usually can't change his mind about stuff like that.

Ashley said...

Oh no, it was a great post. No offense here, just fun. That's what blogs are all about. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and such. You two and your daughters are great!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I thought it was a funny post. Very "Benlike" It made me laugh. I hope he didn't think I was offended. Its just a book ;) When it disapeared I headed strait over to Ben's blog to see if he'd moved it and I was sad when I realized he hadn't.