Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas, and then some

I don't think I've posted any pictures for 8 weeks, or something ridiculous like that. So if you're needing a way to feel overwhelmed, all of these pictures are for you.

We headed out to Idaho first to see "Grandma Chickens" (they have chickens, it's much easier for the girls to remember who they are by this name). We saw Santa Claus (played by my in-laws home teacher) at this awesome Christmas village set-up. It even had the Salt Lake Temple in miniature. The girls thought it was pretty cool.
What did Evelyn ask Santa for Christmas? You guessed it, panties. Poor Santa, being only 15 I think, was blushing a little.
This is what Evelyn thinks about getting her hair fixed.
Jilly showing off her princess Cinderella paraphernalia at the grandparents. She is such a cheese ball.

Then off to Washington for a week (Grandpa and Grandma cows), where there was actually a white Christmas. This was a phenomenon not often repeated in all my years living there. It was pretty fun, and pretty darn cold. We took these tie-dye shots, here's our family picture for the year.

The girls were supposed to do something cute. But at the end of a photo shoot, what do you expect?
The first picture of only us since our first year of marriage. Showing off a belly that obviously isn't mine.
Jilly admiring her new snowflake jammies on Christmas Eve. They had sparkles you know, a great delight to any little girl.
We went sledding before all the snow melted, Ben taking Evelyn down the hill many times, and over this jump. She never cried, and just laughed hilariously whenever they crashed. Now I hope to find a sled here at home, hoping they haven't sold out with all the snow we've had the last couple days.
Mom Cluff went shopping with Evelyn one day we were in Idaho and found these cheap New Year's toys on sale, and packed up a big box for the kids to play on New Year's Eve. They had fun making noise they wouldn't be able to normally. Jill liked the crown the best even when it fell over her eyes and made her look like Jordi from Star Trek. Fun times.

All's well that end's well, and we are enjoying some quiet time at home detoxing from staying up way too late talking and playing Wii, eating tooooo muuuuch sugar, being sick, and relative spoiling by grandparents. Now I just need to dig my van out from the 12"+ snowfall we've had over the last 24 hours (and still counting) so I can actually leave the parking lot to do some grocery shopping. More on the exciting snow development soon.









4 comments:

NaDell said...

I bet Ben can just blame a belly on all your delicious cooking, right? So, really it's all your fault. =)

The snow is all melted now here. A good warm day and lots of wind will do that.

Glad you had a good Christmas and that you were able to make the rounds. I hope you went from Idaho to Washington on a good day. There were a lot of bad driving days in there.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

What a fun Christmas. Thanks for the comment. Brogan will be a year at the end of the month. He can walk well with his walker, but is a little scared without it. I think he's taken up to 6 steps at once, but he still likes crawling better.

Janelle said...

Hi Shaunie1 I love your pics. The belly one is so funny. Your girls are so beautiful! I'm glad you had fun with the fam. I can't wait to go sledding. I got Emmanuel a snow tube (I'm glad I can use it too!) We have to get together soon so the girls can play. Let me know when you're free. you didn't miss the party. It's January 24th. Hope you can come!

Ashley said...

I love your snowmen! I meant to comment on this post... I love that Evelyn asked for panties and the thought of the 15 year old Santa being embarrassed by it. Ha! Graysen didn't think to ask for any, but they were one of her favorite things she found in her stocking.. princess panties.