Saturday, January 17, 2009

The home stretch

29 weeks
I finally decided to put up a picture of what looks like a pregnant belly. For a long time it just looked like I hadn't really worked out in ages (and I really haven't been doing much), and needed to lose some weight around the middle. The belly has grown immensely in the last month, filling out my sides and pushing into my back. I don't know if it's because he's a boy, but I hurt in places I didn't think I would. It might be that I already have two kids to keep up with as well. He's pretty active, kicking and punching, and getting all out of sorts when I wake up to roll over at night or get up with one of the girls sometimes. And if I start talking during one of these noctural awakenings, the poor kid freaks out. I'm interested to see how his personality will play out in the next year or so, because looking back on my pregnancy with Jilly, she displayed a lot of tendencies in the womb that are evident in her personality. Not that it's surprising, I just didn't notice it nearly as much with Evelyn as I did with Jilly.
Besides the pregnancy, which is constantly in front of me physically and mentally, here are pictures from the week:
Ben's renewed passion for Legos. He took them from his parents over Christmas break, and over the last few days has completed about 6 models. The girls love them, especially the part about dumping the box all over the office floor.
Ev and Jill got Duplos for Christmas, and there are two Lego kitties. This is the cat getting its hair done. Jilly carts these things all over the place, one of her MANY security "blankets."

9 comments:

NaDell said...

Vincent was the same way! It hurt so bad "down there" that I was SURE I must be dialated early. Nope. Just achy. The doctor told me it's because the muscles are stretched out more now. Great.
(Oh, Vincent kicked all the time and flipped all over the place. He's pretty mellow though. FYI.)

Zac and Kaylan said...

You are the cutest little pregnant momma! Of course you wouldn't be showing until now! Skinny little thing:) I can't wait for this little man to make his appearance! If Zac could put his two cents in he would say that this kid will be mellow for two reasons. 1. He is a boy. Boys keep it cool :). 2. There is probably enough drama with the girls in the house that he will just want to steer clear of it and be the "cool boy". By the way...great snow pics! We have just gotten a dusting of snow here. Nothing to brag about or play in :)

Di Cluff said...

So...are you saying his personality is similar to Jilly's? If so, what a delight to have two like her, just the thought makes me smile over and over.

shaunie said...

He's actually quite different from Jilly - she didn't move around a whole lot, just snuggled in there for 9 months. Then when it was time to come out, she was not having any of it. So she was stubborn and needing lots of comfort (still does). I'm not hoping for two kids like her. I think I would lose my mind.

The Mothership said...

cute pics. You look cute pregnant - I realized today that I need to get me more maternity clothes. Should be fun! This baby has been moving around a lot more than Jaren did - and Kaden moved around alot. But I'm not looking forward to having another Kaden around....oh well. What can you do? I hope your little guy is pretty even-keel.

Ashley said...

You look great Shaunie! I can't believe it is getting that close! Yea!

Emily said...

THANK YOU SHAUNIE for your advice on my last post! You're awesome. i love how personalities can be displayed in the womb! It will be fun to see what correlates with what I'm feeling right now. Good luck with the 3rd trimester!

Chandler Family said...

I was looking Emily's blog and then saw your name on there! I was soo excited to see how you were doing!! Congrats on baby #3! Come visit our blog: mmchandler.blogspot.com

NaDell said...

I need your address to send you something from my little girl for guessing her little mask thing.
My email is nadscrow at yahoo dot com. Hope you are feeling better this week.