Friday, January 30, 2009

Darth Sader!

If anyone has not figured it out by now, my husband is a huge Star Wars fan and is properly indoctrinating my children into Star Wars culture. We have an office for him in our apartment that is filled with his numerous books and collectibles from all over. Over the closet door hangs a beach towel with Darth Vader, the Emperor, and one of the large triangle-shaped star ships (he's gonna tease me later because I can't remember the name). Evelyn is sleeping in the office again because the sister-room-sharing fell apart last week (colds), and wakes up wailing at 10:30 pm last night.
"Evelyn, what's wrong?"
"Darth Sader's LOOKING at me! WAAAAAHHHH!"
We both started laughing. Darth Vader is now buried in the closet, to Evelyn's relief.

I think I've been talking too much about the baby lately. Jilly's turning back into one, or else her molars are coming in. She's gone back to having too many potty accidents, waking up at night, needing her bottle, and wanting to wear diapers. Um, no. This is not cool. She loves coming up to me with her blanket and binky in tow (yes, she still has a binky. It needs to say bye-bye, but I'm also afraid of a major reversion coming around when the bouncing baby boy arrives. Anyone experienced with this?) and snuggling up to make baby noises. She used to not do this. In Evelyn's conversation with Grandma Chicken the other day, "Drandma, sometimes I wish I was a baby. Then Mommy would snuggle me all day." Totally out of left field. Maybe they'll get their jealousy out before this kid gets here. And maybe that is complete wishful thinking.

As of yesterday, Ben is finally feeling some validation that what he's pursuing educationally has some merit. He heard back from University of California-Irvine announcing he was accepted to a Ph.D. program! So now we now for sure moving come the end of the summer, but where is still up in the air because there are six more colleges to hear back from. I asked the girls yesterday if they wanted to go to California. Evelyn says, "Yes!! Calithornia!" I asked her if she knew what was in 'Calithornia.' I told her about the beach and Disneyland. All very exciting to her of course. When Ben comes home Jilly yells, "Daddy! We're going to California!" We'll see.

4 comments:

Kari said...

That's so exciting he got accepted! Can't wait to hear where you guys will end up!

The Mothership said...

Too funny! Evelyn, I mean. I'm glad she's over it! And I'm sorry about Jilly reverting. Don't know what to tell you on that, sorry. I think once the baby comes, she will realize pretty quickly that she is NOT the baby, hopefully without any major jealousy issues. I have no idea how my two are going to do...it will be interesting!

Ashley said...

We will be sad to see you leave, but hope you get to go just where you wanted. Graysen has been waking up too much lately in the middle of the night worried about something, no fun! Good picture of Evelyn! Can't wait to see you guys this week!

Di said...

Let Jilly hang onto the binki for a while. Dan gave his up when Ben came along becuase he didn't want to be the baby. Back in those days they were made of latex and after a while they would get sticky and gooey. We just let them wear out and they boys tossed the broken binkies on thier own. Now Michelle was a different story as you know, she was 3 1/2 when we took hers away. Just as long as she doesn't take it to Sunbeams next year you're ok :)