Dear reader, the following is a dictated statement taken from baby Gordon at 9:05 pm MST, Wednesday April 8th, 2009. He is 7lbs, 10oz's, 20" long and, apparently, already talking.
About 45 minutes later the doctors figured out that I was bass ackwards. I was positioned the right way less than a week ago, the ultrasound lady said so, but I'm tricky and while nobody was looking I did a flip and stuck my head into Mommy's ribs. There was no way I was going to squeeze out of Mommy the regular way, so the doctors had to cut her tummy and take me out.
My head is big, 'cause I think I have a big brain, and so it got stuck. That made it hard to breath and I had some help breathing at first until I figured out how to cry. Then I gave a big long wail that made Daddy proud to have a man-child. Mommy was very brave in the operation room and Daddy got to wear a cool space suit that didn't breath very well. My big sisters and my aunt came to visit me in the hospital. They were very excited to hold me...I was really tired so I slept though the whole visit. I've already eaten twice, I'm going to be a good eater. I have the best Mommy in the world, I hope she recovers quickly."
25 comments:
Yeah!!!! Congratulations you guys. He is adorable. Your girls will be great big sisters/mommies.
Congrats!!!
Does he have a middle name too?
Congratulations!
absolutely incredibly gorgeous baby! love the story. Congratulations guys!
He is so handsome! Congratulations!!!
He is so PRECIOUS! I can't believe you had a c-section! I was having flashbacks of Maggie's birth while I was reading the story. Sounds like Shaunie is a trooper! C-sections aren't that bad...huh? Call me if you need ANYTHING, or have any questions about c-section recovery. Sad...this is the only one we haven't gotten to see in the hospital. Congrats!! He's perfect.
W-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w! You did it!
Drandma and Drampa are so happy to see you, Gordon! You sure got some of your best features from mommy (that's a blessing on any day!! Oh! -- Sorry Ben).
But take it easy on mommy, she's worked very hard and had a real big surprize to bring you out into the world. And now your here!
And you're so lucky to have two beautiful sisters to keep you out of trouble....... well, mostly.
How fun is it that Evelyn and Jillian got to hold you.
What a beautiful family you five make. Drandma and Drampa are so happy every time we get to see you!
Now girls, you need to get plenty of rest, because as soon as Gordon comes home...... he'll need your help in so many ways. Remember to do your vey best with each other, mommy, daddy and baby Gordon, so there will be plenty of happy adventures to tell us about when we see you next time!
-Drampa Chicken
Advice: Cuando el es un poco mas grande y sus hermanas le quieren molestar, les tenes que decir que el va a crecer mucho mas grande que ellas y si ellas quieren que el las trate bien con sus manos de oso, ellas deben tratarlo bien ya mientras el sea bebe (me parece que mis padres no hicieron esto con mis hermanas y sufrieron, jajajaja... sufrieron).
Para Bens. Congrats three-times-a-daddy.
I couldn't sleep so I'm up staring at your blog again.
Beautiful, Blonde, Baby Boy
Already, I can't get enough of him.
He's there and I'm here;
Oh to smell, to hold, caress
The Beautiful, Blonde, Baby Boy.
He is sooooo stinkin cute!! What a perfect little baby!! Congrats!! We are happy he is here happy and healthy!!
He is adorable. The kids are quite excited for you guys, especially Ethan.
That is some seriously cute hair on that baby boy! And Shaunie, you look great. I like the photo of Jilly on the bed. Too cute.
congrats! He looks just like your girls did when they were born. Definitely a cluff baby! :)
Glad you are already up and walking. Take it easy - but keep moving slowly. Things heal faster that way.
Love you guys!
Congrats on getting a man-cub.
CONGRATS!!! What a gorgeous little guy he is! I hope recovery goes smoothly for you, Shaunie! I can't wait to see more pictures :)
Yay! You are done, healthy baby, healthy mom! Congratulations! Those little tricksters. (William did one of those flips a couple days before he was born.)
Felicidades! I'm so happy for you guys! Hope you feel better soon Shaunie. Let me know if you need any help. He's adorable.
Quite the story and quite a surprise of events. I am glad everyone is well. Gordon is seriously extremely handsome. He is totally a boy and a cute one! I can't remember for sure, but he looks quite different then Evelyn and Jillian did as new babies. We can't wait to meet him and see you all again! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!! What a cute little boy. Or as my husband would say.... What a manly man.
Thanks for the update. Shaunie take care of yourself :) Let me know if you need anything.
YES! This is the best news I've had all week! Congratulations, he is mighty handsome.
Congrats! What a handsome little guy! I am glad that everything went well. Rest up and enjoy having a little boy! They have so much energy and are lots of fun!
Congradulations! Boys are fun!
CONGRATULATIONS!! He is so cute and definitely looks like one of yours!:) I'm glad he is here and that everyone is doing well! And please give me your secret in having small babies....the more I have the bigger they get!!
congratulations! i feel bad, i didn't know you were even expecting! how exciting to have a little boy.
Congrats!... boys are the best!
Post a Comment