The little guy is really quite sweet most of the time. As long as I get him the sleep he needs and avoid the evil foods, he does fine. He's even flashed me some good smiles, none of which I've gotten pictures of yet. He does have personal space issues with his sisters, who are guilty only of loving him a little too much and driving their parens crazy sometimes. Evelyn likes to come in close and give him 5 kisses, and by the end of this Gordon is waving his arms around, grunting, and trying to get away from her.
Evelyn had her first experience with motion sickness today. I was at a friend's house for a primary meeting, and my friend has a swing anchored to the ceiling in the basement. If any of you have seen the pouch swing at IKEA, it's the same thing. At the end of the meeting, Evelyn comes running up the stairs, kind of staggering all over the place, and plops on the couch. I ask her what's the matter because she's whining, pale, and sweaty all over, and then acts like she's going to hurl. I get her to the bathroom and only a little comes up. So I make her sit there for a while, and then we go home. Then this comes out: "Mommy, I was swinging around and around at Bella's house. And then I didn't feel good so I came to find you." I laughed and told her it was motion sickness. I don't think she quite got it. Thank heavens it was just that and not the stomach flu.
Hopefully in the next month I can accomplish getting ready for the day 5 days out of the week, instead of 2 or 3 and staying in my pajamas the other days. And get out of bed by 9 am on a regular basis. We'll see about that one. I'm awful about returing phone calls right now, so don't feel bad if you're one of those I don't get back to.
Normalcy. I crave it. I'll get it back soon though, and then I'll miss the little baby days. You can never have your cake and eat it too. That's why you take pictures and movies I guess.
5 comments:
Sounds like life with a newborn. So sweet, fun, crazy and new. Summer is a good time to chop your hair off; I bet you'll look lovely. We can't wait to see you all and meet Gordon. Anything we can do to help you?
Gordon is so darling, I love that you have a little family of five. Your family is so cute!
I love the pictures and I can't believe that you guys have three kids. Gordon is so adorable! Your girls are also super cute.
ADOOOOOR-AHHHHBAL! Family, and I'm not prejudiced! I can't wait to hold them all on the 15th.
Love, Drandma Chicken
I can't believe Gordon so big already! What a cutie. I can't wait to meet him! I'm glad the girls are being so good. Hang in there- things will be normal soon. See ya Sunday.
Post a Comment