The girls said happy birthday at breakfast and Evelyn asked, "It's my birthday too Mommy!"
"Um, no, your birthday is a little ways away still."
"Oh." (note disappointed little girl voice).
I then ventured to made my dessert of choice, a new recipe for a no-bake strawberry cheesecake because chocolate is still black-listed. And I did not go insane while doing it. One of my biggest flaws at this point is my impatience with the girls when I'm cooking. (Really Evelyn, dumping in one tablespoon of cloves into my scalloped potatoes is not appropriate). The cheesecake tasted pretty good, but failed in the presentation section because when you put it on the plate, it looked like the plate was being eaten by a giant pink blob.
Then I got to make an unplanned trip to the doctor, again. The receptionists and I are on a first name basis. It's a good thing I can usually get in and out of the doctor's office in 45 minutes.
After this, I went and got my hair cut, and it looks better now than it has for a few months. This was fun. And coming home to see my excited girls was fun. I haven't mentioned that Ben was home all day yesterday, no working on publications or his thesis. Very nice.
Dinner time rolled around, and we headed for a little Chilean restaurant that Ben said had a yummy steak sandwich. After waiting for our food for a few minutes, I hear some grunting in the car seat below me.
Gordo has decided it's his norm to poop every 5 days. So when he does there is a lot of it. And the carseat is the one place he has repeatedly blown out in.
Back to the restaurant. Gordon starts fussing for me to change him, so I pry Evelyn off my lap to pick him up. (She's having miniature panic attacks because there is a fly buzzing around the seating area). I get the baby on my lap, and miss seeing the oozing mass of the yellow persuasion coming out the side of his diaper. So this is what I get for my birthday. I get pooped on! It was no small yellow stain I have on my shorts and in his carseat. Ben has a face of disbelief that this is happening in the restauarant. I clean myself and the fussing baby as much as I can at the table, head out to the van, where I discover I have 3 wipes to clean this up. Incredible! Luckily, a grocery store is a 40 foot walk away, so the dinner, the baby, and I were salvaged (and the steak sandwich very good).
What a memorable 27th birthday.
5 comments:
It was one of those "Laugh or you'll cry" moments. And we laughed. When it comes to smoothness, dream vacations, and flaw free birthdays, we seem to be challenged. Chad, Dan, anyone...how are you guys so smooth? It was still a good day though, happy birthday Love!
Here's a link to the restaurant's web site: http://www.mytowne.com/Pantrucas.htm
We had the Churrasco Palta, mmmmmmmm.
at least the day ended with a bang (or explosion) right? ;) sorry. :) I would have been laughing right along with you. Although stressful too, kids are fun and that makes life interesting!
I'm glad you had a fun birthday. Did you take a pic of the cheesecake? The girls must have loved it because it was PINK! :)
Love you!
hmmm. I remember the explosion days. I don't think I ever had a story like that one, but when Brogan was 6 weeks old he had a blowout while we were in Provo and it was the first time we ever went anywhere without a change of clothes, what perfect timing for the first blowout!
Well I'm glad your birthday was fun (somewhat) despite the non smoothness. Welcome to the 27 club!
I remember that Ben was the worst exploder of my three, and he did it every day! He was so scrawney & skinny that his always shot up his back, ruining his entire outfit, as well as out both legs.
The day he was blessed he hit his Grandma Cluff on her white blouse, down her white skirt and it dropped on her sandals ozzing through to her toes.
My solution Shaunie, let Ben hold Gordo next time...he has it coming.
Post a Comment