When did this kid grow up? She's looking so much older lately, and I can't quite get over it. I realized yesterday she is 6 months from being 3. Nuts. Love her outfit? All her idea, and Mom can't say much about it. I carefully pick my battles with Jilly, and this is not one of them.
Dad, Grandpa, and the miniature professor. Any words of wisdom Gordo? "Sleep....sleep is good." 'Gordo' has become his official nickname. I wasn't fond of 'gordy' at all, and I hadn't heard much else. The girls started this one, and because I hear it 80 times a day, I say it too. And calling him this is not offensive (in Spanish 'gordo' means fat), but is actually a term of endearment in some Latin American cultures. Ben remembers on his mission that at dinners, some husbands would call for thier wives, "Gorda!" Ben thought that was mean when he first heard it, but companions told him there was nothing mean intended at all. So I will keep calling him Gordo. 
Here the girls offer moral support to the Grandmas making dinners. They didn't want the grandmas to leave, and almost every day since then Evelyn will ask if we can go to thier houses that day. Like it's just a drive across town. I wish they were all closer!
8 comments:
Gordo is such a cutie! His smile looks just like the girls' when they were little. And Jilly is definitely looking more grown up and older. I'm glad you had fun last weekend!
oh, the picture taking thing is good, most of the time. :)
I can't believe how big your little guy looks. Time goes by so fast! Oh and I love Jilly's outfit! It looks like many of Maggies, but at least Jill's hair looks so cute, that is a battle I almost never win with Maggie so she looks like Medusa in unmatched clothing most of the time.
So funny. As soon as I saw Jilly's picture I was like, "Man she has grown up" then I read what you said about the picture. So YES! I agree she looks much older all of a sudden. And that picture is beautiful. I like the outfit. What adorable children.
Gordo, love it! he has such a cute smile.
We are so lame at taking photos of what we are doing. I feel your pain. Your kiddies are adorable.
Gordo looks totally like Ben :D What a cute kid! I know what you mean about Jilly growing up. Haley is going to be 3 in August and she keeps acting more and more grown up each day. She is even doing pretty good the last 24 hours with potty training and no accidents! Yeah! My mom talked to her on the phone today and said her speech was much more clear than about 2-3 weeks ago. It's funny how they can start growing up overnight.
We call Sam "Gordo" or "Gordito" or "Gordulon" etc. but that's because he's chubby.
Post a Comment