Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Phone companies bite

I HATE QWEST. We have had the most awful service from them the whole time we've lived in our current apartment. Why not switch you say? Because our apartment owners signed their soul over to Qwest, making them the only company to provide phone/cable/internet in our complex. A miniature monopoly. We will never sign with them again.

Our apartmen in CA has all the utilities included, except the very cheap landline (like $7). I will be singing the allelujah chorus when I have to pay bills.

Banks who do bad business are also on my black list. We were part of Wamu, and now the change to Chase (who hasn't won my heart either) has cost me $20. California credit union, here I come!

A happier, less hateful post will be on the way soon.


3 comments:

k and p said...

ha! I had to wonder when you were talking about bad banks...and my suspicions were correct! Working as a teller through the switch from WaMu to Chase has not been a cake walk...Don't worry, you aren't the only ones unhappy with the switch. I'm not either, and I work there! Better luck with the next bank! :)

The Mothership said...

bummer. I'm glad you will have better phone service in Cali.

Why did you get charged $20? Now I'm nervous...

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

SO I suggest doing what we do. Don't have a landline. We have never had one. We both had our cell phones when we got married and still have the same service and numbers for four years.

Also we have a clearwire wireless service for internet. There is no hook up and instalation into the walls so your apartment manager would have no say in it. And they also wouldn't know.

I have always used US bank. They've always made me happy and then when I move I don't have to change because its everywhere.

GOod luck with all the moving stuff!