And I don't care. For anyone who comes over and thinks my house is always clean, here is proof against that. This is what it looked like at 6 pm, after being inside all day long with colds. Ben has been writing papers for the last two weeks, and I am waaaaiiiting for him to be done so we can have a little break before classes start up again.
In the living room, the girls were hosting their own musical, singing something about being princesses, trapped in the highest tower of a castle, and then jumping off the back of the couch. I hope their characters weren't committing suicide. Gordon's next to the DVD player, hoping he can get away with watching, "Enstein Farm!" again.
Jilly in her get-up.
Now the princess is playing tee-ball. Gordon drug a lot of stuff out of this closet.
My room. You will notice the desk is clean. I did get all the paperwork filed/recycled today.
What you cannot see is white rice from one of those microwaveable rice packs strewn across the floor and on my rug. Courtesy of Gordon and a pair of kid scissors. There's also a half-eaten apple in the picture from Evelyn.
And the kid room looks like this, and much worse, on a daily basis. Creative play takes a lot of time and a lot of mess. These two know something about that.
Notice I do not include the kitchen. No way.
Other honorable mentions as of late: We got our computers up and running. Now our 8 month old printer is dying. We lost the camera (my fault), then found it a few weeks later. We camped last weekend, before said camera was found. Camping was fun, except for the whole sleeping part. There are a few kinks to work out there. My fourth child arrived in the form of a piano. I love it. I'm going to be brave and start teaching piano lessons to beginners. We are not freaking out about possible radiation exposure. I am getting nervous about earthquakes though. All in all, I can't complain too much. Life is good.
10 comments:
It just made my day to see those pictures! Sometimes I feel like I am the only one whose house is not always clean!
i'd feel much better if you did post a picture of your kitchen. ;)
Oh I love it! In the sense that knowing my kids aren't the only ones capable of creating an internal tsunami. Let's get our kids together sometime and see what kind of catastrophe they can make. :)
Yes, we missed you outside today! sorry about the colds! I'll have to come see your new piano, you'll be a great teacher, wish you could teach Max! Oh and today I realized we now have three of those squishy Thomas toys, we really only own two so that one at stake conference wasn't ours! Max was calling it "Go-Go's" last night anyway, we'll give it back to you!
I'm nervous about earthquakes too . . .
Looks like my day everyday over here. Did you make them clean it up before bedtime? I can never handle a messy house long. It makes me even more crazy.
House is clean(er), printer is getting replaced, paper is slowly getting finished, and Gordon is sitting in the laundry hamper playing with his toy school bus. Good times.
There will be other messes, the printer will break again, and there will be more papers. At least We can always count on each other for a laugh or a hug.
Ahhh, the days... I recall those days with your head of household, his brother Dan and little Chelle thrown in the mix. They were fine days and good times.
As the offenders grew older those days became more complex with den meetings & friends; still fine days and good times.
I wish for those days once in a while when the walls rattle and my heart pangs because the house is empty. My house is not clean today and I have no one to blame.
Oh, thanks for the pictures! It really does make me feel better : )
Re to your comment on my blog. I'm glad I'm back to blogging too, we'll see how well and for how long I keep up. I'm hoping to get some wonderful AK adventures up on there soon. Is your cousin LDS? If so, we're in the same stake, we're about an hour north of Wasilla. And I'm worried about earthquakes up here too!
Oh I feel like I'm looking at my house. Creative play makes a huge mess!! I love that our kids have great imaginations!
Thanks for posting these pictures! What a brave woman you are to post things how they really are. Thanks for letting me know my house is perfectly normal! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment