Two moms from Jilly's pre-school group hosted a costume party the Friday before Halloween. A friend took these pictures, because I was the piñata holder. Gordon and I are on the left of the bottom picture. Jilly's in the blue princess dress, it's a miracle she still fits in it. Evelyn got that dress when she was two years old.
This was also where we contracted the first stomach flu we've had in three years, yay for us! If we're going to be puking, it's in the month of October. Evelyn, Jilly and I got the worst of it. Gordon and Ben came out without spending too much time with the toilet. I was glad, having a puking toddler is absolutely no fun. So as a result of the stomach bug, we had a low-key Halloween.
The only reason this pumpkin got carved is because Evelyn's class hosted a "Pumpkin Day" on Halloween where they weighed, measured and conducted experiments with pumpkins, and then carved them.
This was the day after Halloween, when I decided to cook our Jack 'o' Lantern and chopped the pumpkin in half, making a cool mask.
We made it to our ward's trunk-or-treat on Saturday night. Evelyn and Jilly were both vampires, and Gordon wore the monkey suit. When we went knocking on neighborhood doors on Halloween night, Gordon charmed all the strangers as a monkey. We have only done neighborhood trick or treating twice before, and I think it's a lot more fun than a trunk-or-treat. We'll definitely do it again next year.


1 comment:
I love the jack o lantern mask. It's awesome! Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment