Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Disasters and Silliness
I've been meaning to put up a post with pictures of the latest Ev and Jill antics for about a month now, so there are just going to be a lot of random pictures and short explanations. They are both so busy, playing together, fighting together, eating together, watching movies together, it's like raising twins. I really almost have to buy two of everything in the toy department so they aren't constantly fighting. I try to explain sharing, but how do you reason with a 1 and 2 year old? The person who comes up with that fix should win the Nobel Peace Prize. No pun intended.
Jilly loves electronics and power cords. This one isn't plugged in of course, what kind of mom would I be? She loves to crawl over to the power strips where all the computer hardware is attached to and turn it off in the middle of something important. The TV, DVD player and X-box are all on a power strip as well. She'll get this mischievous grin, crawl over and turn it off in the middle of Daddy's virtual soccer match. He loves that.
The daily disaster of books. At least they're reading. Sort of.
Jilly likes to carry around the little board books, and since she can't walk yet, this is the best way she figured out how to do it. I think it's really cute.
Both girls love the piano, and not just banging on it. I usually get one song played before Jilly crawls over and whines until I pick her up and hold her while I play. Evelyn likes singing all the Primary songs with my accompaniment.
The weekly disaster of the Sunday paper, made worse this time of year by tripling the amount of Holiday ads arriving in the paper. It seems worse than ever before!
So this is a terrible picture, but the only one that shows what is going on. I was catching bills up, and it was quiet. Too quiet. I look down the hall and see Jilly gleefully pulling out all the Kleenex from the box. Evelyn was then helping her tear them into smaller pieces. Lovely.
Not 20 minutes later, Evelyn had quietly raided the pantry for a box of cereal, carried it to her room, and figured out a way Jilly could have some too. At least they were sharing. Jilly had a huge pile she was sitting on, you can see it around her diaper and legs.
Jilly thinks bibs are for wearing on your head or not at all. I do lots of laundry for this kid.
And Evelyn's new passion is my make-up. She's watched me put it on one too many times, and now feels welcome to get into it whenever she pleases. My shimmery cover stick has ended up on her face more than once. It's all over her lips in this picture, and then she proceeded to wipe it all over my aquamarine towel. Thanks dearest daughter. I still love you.
Evelyn is the typical little girl who loves to dress up. She likes to pretend she's going shopping. She gets her purse, some high heeled shoes, preferably mine. This time she grabbed Dad's tie for an accessory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment