Friday, January 9, 2009
Adventures in Snowmen
The children and I built our first snowman ever in Idaho over Christmas. (Ben would have helped, but he was driving his Dad home from knee surgery, a worthy cause). It was a good first effort, but the snow just wasn't right for snowman building. Too powdery.
Only a 2/3 finished snowman. It was mostly me building it, and Evelyn posing for pictures or running around excitedly.
"Mommy, what are you doing?" All Jilly knew was that Frosty is a snowman on TV, and he has an awesome theme song that she can sing.
All finished, except for the face. Which we never got around to because it was dang cold outside and Jilly kept taking her gloves off to eat the snow. Which leads to cold hands, which leads to whining......
But back to Utah, where it SNOWED this week. At least in my terms it did. We ended up getting about 14". Plenty of snow for a snowman.
Here he is, with a scarf even. (Some kid left it on the playground a few feet away, where it had sat for a few days. I thought it was good snowman material). Pretty sizable and fun to put together. This time the snow was great. Evelyn even helped shape him.
The after-snowman party. For refreshments? Snow. A lot of it. Did you know that building snowmen will give you lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions? I didn't. Too bad this little boy isn't due until April. I doubt there will be enough snow to build one then. I'll have to scrub my floors instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It really is a lovely snowman.
You know what else can give you contractions? Walking up the staircase from the RB to the SWKT. Do it in April when there are a bunch of people coming down the stairs. Tons O Fun.
I love the snowman blog! What fun! Is Jilly still singing Frosty The Snowman? We'll have to get her a copy of that movie so she can learn the whole song. The Utah snowman is so much more a snowman than the Idaho one; I wonder how a Calitornia or Washington one would have looked?
HI! Your little girls are so cute! Snow is so much fun!
Oh.....your snowman are so cute!! I biuld a whole snowman family with my girls every year, but the snow has been to dry so far this year so it's not "sticking" together and everytime it snows the girls ask me "Is the snow good this time to build the snow family?" If we lived by eachother we could have a snowman contest!!:)
Thanks for your sympathy about pregnancy feet! that's funny about the uggs. How are you doing/feeling? These pictures are so cute, i'm missing the snow. Can't wait to hear where you guys end up! Good luck with the whole process. (you know my vote!)
I remember my first snowman in Idaho. It was in November and it had lightly powdered outside. I was a California kid on vacation and had never been in the snow before. Unfortunatly it was not sticky snow and so I had to scrape it into a pile that only reached the height my 12-year old mid calf. I was excited, it was my first snowman, even if he was only in a cone shape - the shape of the cone of memory.
Post a Comment